DACEI - (“Driving the Adoption of GS1 Standards in the Consumer Electronics Industry”)
Europe is considered to be one single market - a European approach by GS1 in Europe for our users in the Consumer Electronics (CE) industry allows a quick and uniform implementation of standards across European countries. The aim is to meet the needs of our European users. Smoothly implemented global standards are a key-factor for effective and efficient supply chain management. Therefore, GS1 in Europe wants to help companies to ensure their investments made in supply chain management. Developed solutions must not work in a single, national market only, but also in entire Europe or the whole world. GS1 in Europe faces this challenge by setting up DACEI - a European-wide project promoting the implementation of global GS1 standards in the European CE sector.
- encourages the efficient usage of existing GS1 standards in the CE sector
- provides a European voice in the CE sector
- involves major retailers, manufacturers and national GS1 MOs
- identifies potentials for business process optimisation on the basis of GS1 standards
- will help companies to gain more efficiency and to save money on their logistic and replenishment processes
- will help companies to open up additional business opportunities through efficient category management
- develops best practice guidelines for processes and usage of GS1 Standards in the CE sector
- combines relevant European stakeholders of the CE Supply Chain for promotion of pan-European solutions
- serves as a coordination centre for European (GS1 related) activities in the industry
- fosters the dialogue between national, European and global level
- ensures the proper reflection of European requirements in the development of GS1 standards (GSMP)
- prepares companies for the usage of EPC/RFID (in dialogue with the respective EPC/RFID working groups) and thereby support the European RFID/EPC Roll Out
You can find more relevant infomation by clicking here!
Tel: +49 221 94714-0